Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Good [Handmade] Stuff: Napkins to remember

No matter the occasion, you can always count on me to forget to put napkins out when I'm entertaining. It never enters my mind. I even assigned a friend to remind me about putting napkins out(Thanks, Kristy), but, sadly, she moved to Iowa. So, promptly after she moved, my guests resumed eating napkinless. How many times has a friend eating at our house asked for a napkin, only to be handed an old, crumply Christmas one, or worse, a folded paper towel! I thought I'd remedy the situation by making cloth ones. These little ditties are for lunches and baby showers, as I've been known to host a few of both in my day. They are the perfect size for when you might be juggling a plate and glass on your lap.
Truth be told, the napkins are also leftover quilting squares sewn together and trimmed with my snazzy new pinking shears I got for Christmas. We'll see how they look after I wash them. Probably a good idea to line-dry these babies. Anyway, this was a fun little project to distract me from the dreaded skirt project bogging me down. Hopefully, you'll be seeing a post about the skirt soon!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Love the napkins...and so green of you! The fabric is really fun.