Friday, October 15, 2010

I love a Good Party: Birthday Baby


October is birthday season at our house. We kicked things off with baby Nathan's first birthday party. He's one! I can hardly believe it!



Admittedly, the choco-chip face is not nearly as cute, but whatever
.


We kept the party very exclusive, only inviting immediate family members and grandma, who happened to be visiting, and our other grandma via skype. I found an appropriate banana cake recipe for our little monkey. It only seemed right, since he does consume 1 to 3 bananas per day.



Somehow, October has been an extremely busy month for us, but I was determined to give something handmade to our birthday boy. I managed to finish these birthday blocks, which became my bane of life after piecing together all of those tiny scraps. However, I am loving that I used up many bits of fabric that have already moved across the country twice. The instructions for the blocks can be found in Amy Butler's Little Stitches. These blocks are so satisfyingly stackable.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That cake is adorable! I'll have to get your tips on Skype. We're going to try and set it up for the kids while we got to Australia so we can chat, but I've never done it before! Happy Birthday, Lloyd boys!