Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Good [Kids'] Stuff: To Peter; Love Santa


I love the idea of the "I'm not bored anymore art jar" from Land of Nod. I'm all about giving Pete odds and ends, a little glue, some scissors and paint, and watch his imagination go. After seeing these spectacular wooden acorns, I decided to create a custom-made art jar just right for little three-year old hands. Here's are some more of the contents:
Pipe cleaners, paint brushes, beads
Googly eyes, Popsicle sticks, and a teeny tiny beehive and wooden baseball bat, just because I couldn't help myself.
These beads are perfect for snakes and trains and mice and doggies...
Little people:curvy ladies and straight-figure men.

We've had a few fun sessions so far--desperately needed during the January slump.

My multimedia fruit still life.
Acorns falling in a rain storm or, alternatively, alien with many eyes

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have always admired those jars, also. Yours looks much better, though! love it.

Marlo said...

I love those acorns and I am always going abck to the Soule Mama post to check sources. Wooden eggs for Easter this year. Hey, I found a new blog you will love. But, you better bed ready, because you will probably begin crafting immediately. Don't say I didn't warn you. ahandmadechildhhod.blogspot.com